PSA Summer Fayre
A letter from the PSA
It is that time of year again when the PSA start planning the Summer Fayre.
This year’s Summer Fayre will be held on Saturday 24th June 2017 from 1pm to 4pm.
This letter is to let you know some of the arrangements we have already made and some of the things we would appreciate your help with.
- We will be having 2 non-uniform days
- – Friday 16th and Friday 23rd June. We will be asking for different donations from each year group, we shall let you know the details nearer the time. In exchange for these donations the children will be able to wear their own clothes. It is one donation per child.
- Please could the bakers amongst you start thinking about the delicious cakes that you could make for our cake stall. These will not be required until 23
- rd/24th June.
- We would like donations of any bric-a-brac, toys, DVDs, CDs, books, jewellery or unwanted gifts. This year we will also be having a stall selling handbags, hats and scarves, so donations of these will be greatly appreciated. Maybe with half term approaching you could persuade the children to help you have a clear out! Sadly, due to space/hygiene we are unable to accept soft toy, clothes, shoes or bedding, but these can be donated to the Bags2School collection on Wednesday 7
- th June.
- Raffle tickets will be sent out after half term. We would appreciate your helping to sell these to family, friends and colleagues. As always you can get more books from the office. Our first prize is an Amazon Echo, kindly donated by Duncan Yeardley
- – Estate Agents
- If any of you have your own business or would be able to approach your employers, we would like you to consider donating an item or service as a prize. This would of course earn a mention in the Fayre programme.
- And maybe most importantly we need your help on the day. We would like volunteers to help set up in the morning and clear away after. As you can imagine all the furniture we use and items on the stalls are kept inside and it all needs to be carried outside and then taken in again when we have finished. We will also need helpers on a variety of stalls during the Fayre. We are happy to arrange people into split shifts, so that you also have chance to look around the Fayre. Set up is from 9am to 12.30pm, clear away is 4pm to 6pm. We are grateful for whatever time you can spare whether it be 30 minutes or 3 hours. If you are able to help please leave your name and number at the office or contact us on the e-mail address above.
We will be sending out more letters before the Fayre to remind you of dates, give more detailed information and make requests.
We hope lots of you will be able to donate goods or time to make our Fayre a huge success