During June 2020, the Greenshaw Learning Trust asked parents with children at its primary schools their views on the quality of home learning.
There were 184 responses from Crown Wood Primary School, about 27% of the total received.
The responses from Crown Wood parents were very positive with 94.1% of parents giving a positive response to the question, "The school provided a high quality home learning experience during school closure." 46.2% said they 'strongly agreed'. 88.1% of pupils said they 'yes' or 'sometimes' to the question, "I enjoyed my home learning lessons on-line..." 42.4% said 'yes'.
Similarly, 90.2% of parents gave a positive response to the question, "The school has been great in supporting my child during school closure." 46.7% said they 'strongly agreed'. 88.1% of pupils said they 'yes' or 'sometimes' to the question, "My school has been great in supporting me during lockdown..." 64.7% said 'yes'.
We appreciate the many comments from parents and pupils. While the feedback was very positive overall, there is always room for improvement and we will carefully consider the less positive comments.
You can see further information here.
During October 2019, children in Year 1-6 were asked to complete a survey. There were 351 responses, which represents 77% of the school population.
Overall, we were encouraged by the results. However, there were also areas we want to find out more and to take further action to improve. The headlines from the survey are:
- 81% of children said they were always or mostly happy at school.
- 90% of children said they felt safe always or mostly safe at school overall. However, 81% felt always or mostly safe on the playground. This is an area we will continue to work on.
- 81% of children said they would be always or mostly confident in approaching a member of staff if they felt unhappy or unsafe. We will investigate what would make a difference for the remaining 19%.
- 83% said they were always looked after if unwell or injured, with another 16% saying this happened sometimes. This is an area we will continue to work on.
- 55% say the school site (inside and outside) is always kept clean and safe, with another 34% saying it is mostly the case. We will investigate which areas of the school could be improved and take action.
- 88% of children say they definitely know what bullying means and 88% say they know what to do or who to talk to if they or someone else was being bullied. Around 11% were not quite sure what to do. We will regularly remind children about what bullying is and what to do if they are concerned about it.
The full survey results can be seen here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-NVWHQX3Q7/.